Updates on Mathematics Assessments, Student Expectations,
and College Admissions
The UC Davis Math Project is collaborating with Callahan Consulting to provide a two-day series on developing and understanding mathematics assessments, and getting up to date on college admissions, including the most recent changes in CSU and community colleges. Callahan Consulting was founded by Dr. Patrick Callahan, the state-wide co-director of the California Mathematics Project. In 2016, Dr. Callahan and his team led a ten state project for Smarter Balanced to develop Performance Tasks in mathematics to be used on upcoming SBAC assessments. We invite you to join us to learn more about these new assessments directly from the team that developed them as well as updates regarding the new SAT and college admissions. This workshop is designed for teams of teachers and administrators from 3rd grade through High School.
Day 1: Monday, January 29, 2018 from 9:00 - 3:00
- Discuss common misconceptions about “rigor” in mathematics and how these are negatively impacting college and career readiness
- Overview of SBAC assessment structures, features, and scoring
- Building understanding of Depth of Knowledge, SBAC Claims and Targets, and the new SAT
- Looking at sample SBAC math assessments and examining student work
- Connections to instruction and curriculum, agreeing on a common classroom activity
Day 2: Monday, March 12, 2018 from 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Debrief and score common classroom activity using SBAC aligned rubrics
- Interpreting and using scores to inform instruction
- Plans for next steps
Location: Yolo County Office of Education Conference Center
1280 Santa Anita Ct., Woodland, CA 95776
- $795.00 ($835 after December 22nd) for a team of 3 people (1 administrator and 2 teachers)
- $250.00 ($260 after December 22nd) for each additional team member
- Cost includes registration and boxed lunch for each person for each day
HOW TO REGISTER: - The conference is full. We are no longer accepting registrations.
Payment by credit card: ENROLL ONLINE -
Payment by Purchase Order*: please download REGISTRATION packet HERE and email with approved PO to firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration should be completed by Friday, December 22nd. For questions regarding registration please email Trudi Banko or call (530)-752-8467.